The rise from excellence to eminence is Ohio State's overarching institutional goal. Our trajectory is being guided and propelled by university-wide strategic planning and its focus on students, faculty and the infrastructure that supports their success.
- Significantly expand university-based distance
education operations and provide support with the necessary central
- Fully develop the structure for enhanced
freshman and sophomore student experiences with initial implementation in fall,
- Further increase 4- and 6-year graduation rates
as called for in our strategic enrollment plan.
- Assess the impacts of the semester conversion
and adjust processes as necessary.
- Clarify expectations and commit explicit funding
for faculty hiring in the three Discovery Theme areas.
the creation of a Proposal Development Center within the Office of
and faculty success
- Working with the Office of the Chief Financial
Officer, implement new processes that will generate $60 million per year in
savings by year three of the initiative.
the effectiveness of the Global Gateways in China and India and develop plans
for establishing a Gateway in Brazil.
Priorities During Previous Years