Search committee announced to find new dean for College of Dentistry
On December 3, Executive Vice President and Provost Joseph A. Alutto announced that Carole A. Anderson, dean of the College of Dentistry, plans to step down and retire from the University in June 2011.
As a result, the provost has appointed and charged the college’s executive committee as an advisory committee for a targeted, national search for a new dean. Melvin D. Shipp, dean of the College of Optometry, has agreed to serve as the committee’s chair. Other committee members are:
- Susan M. Bauchmoyer, Associate Professor, Clinical; Chair of Faculty Council
- Michele P. Carr, Associate Professor, Chair, Division of Dental Hygiene
- Paul S. Casamassimo, Professor; Chair, Division of Pediatric Dentistry
- Graciela M. Chanfrau, Director, Human Resources
- Cheryl H. DeVore, Associate Professor; Associate Dean of Academic Affairs and Graduate Studies
- Henry W. Fields, Professor; Chair, Division of Orthodontics
- Henry Fischbach, Associate Professor, Clinical; Vice Chair, Division of Restorative/Primary Care
- M. Scott Herness, Professor, Division of Oral Biology
- Peter E. Larsen, Professor; Chair, Division of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Angelo J. Mariotti, Professor; Chair, Division of Periodontology
- John M. Nusstein, Associate Professor; Chair, Division of Endodontics
- Robert R. Seghi, Professor; Chair, Division of Restorative/Primary Care
- John F. Sheridan, Professor; Associate Dean for Research
- Stanley G. Vermilyea, Associate Professor; Associate Dean of Clinical Affairs
- Darrell K. Young, Assistant Dean for Administration
The committee will immediately seek nominations.
The full text of the provost's announcement is available here.