The Ohio State University will be the world’s preeminent public comprehensive university, solving problems of world-wide significance.
We exist to advance the well-being of the people of Ohio and the global community through the creation and dissemination of knowledge.
Shared values are the commitments made by the Ohio State community regarding how work will be conducted. Our values at Ohio State include:
- Commitment to Excellence
- Collaboration as One University
- Acting with Integrity
- Personal Accountability
- Diversity in People and Ideas
- Change and Innovation
- Simplicity in our Supporting Processes
- Openness and Trust
Four institution-wide goals are fundamental to Ohio State’s mission and future success:
- Teaching and Learning: to provide an unsurpassed, student-centered learning experience led by engaged, world-class faculty and enhanced by a globally diverse student body.
- Research and Innovation: to create distinctive and internationally recognized contributions to the advancement of fundamental knowledge and scholarship and to solutions of the world’s most pressing problems.
- Outreach and Engagement: to establish mutually beneficial partnerships with the citizens and institutions of Ohio, the nation, and the world so that our communities are actively engaged in the exciting work of The Ohio State University.
- Resource Stewardship: to become the model for an affordable public university recognized for financial sustainability, unsurpassed management of human and physical resources, and operational efficiency and effectiveness.
The university’s move to eminence will be founded in three discovery themes:
- Health and Wellness
- Energy and Environment
- Food Production and Security
A printer-friendly pdf version of this page can be downloaded here.