If a class was scheduled Friday (June 18), that session is cancelled. Unless the course is part of the first six-week session of summer term, instructors should adjust their course plans as they would in the case of the snow day.
For courses that are part of the first six-week session of summer term:
- If a final is scheduled Monday, instructors may offer your final exam as planned.
- If the cancellation of Friday’s classes affected your course, instructors may contact the Registrar’s office to discuss options.
- For asynchronous online classes, students cannot be required to complete a final on Friday. Instructors should reschedule the final for Monday.
- Advising appointments
The university will continue to assist students with academic advising for appointments scheduled on Friday, June 18.
- Campus tours
The university will continue to offer campus tours for those that are scheduled on Friday, June 18. We will, of course, accommodate families who want to reschedule.
- Undergraduate admissions appointments
In-person and virtual appointments for prospective students and their families will be rescheduled. Students with a scheduled appointment will be contacted by undergraduate admissions staff about rescheduling.
- Summer Honors and Scholars program
The virtual Summer Honors and Scholars program for prospective undergraduates will be rescheduled for a future time. Students scheduled for this program can contact firstname.lastname@example.org about future options.
- Pre-Departure Orientation (PDO)
The virtual Pre-Departure Orientation (PDO) for new students from China will still take place.