The inaugural Council on Research in Student Progress and Educational Excellence (CRISPEE) conference begins this week, on Tuesday (Nov. 10). This conference will focus on research, including the collection and analysis of data on student learning, for the purposes of improving equity, student success and educational excellence. A second session will convene on Nov. 18.
Other upcoming events include:
- At 1 p.m. today (Nov. 9), ODEE's Planning for Your Online Course workshop will offer strategies for meaningful student engagement and supportive learning environments.
- At 9 a.m. Tuesday (Nov. 10), consultants from the Drake Institute will be available to answer questions about the institute's Instructional Redesign program.
- At 1 p.m. on Tuesday (Nov. 10), the Drake Institute and the Office of Diversity and Inclusion are co-hosting a workshop, When Politics Enters the Classroom: How to Mediate Controversial Topics in Class, that will give instructors a framework for interpreting, mediating and nurturing political discussions.
- At 3 p.m. on Thursday (Nov. 12), new faculty are invited to learn about resources, engagement opportunities, and policies and procedures related to diversity, equity and inclusion at Ohio State.
- Also at 3 p.m. on Thursday (Nov. 12), the Drake Institute will showcase three successful Instructional Redesign portfolios by faculty from various disciplines, including the evidence-based instructional strategies and assessment techniques they implemented in their work.
- At 12:30 p.m. next Monday (Nov. 16), ODEE will answer questions about academic integrity in online courses.
At 1 p.m. next Monday (Nov. 16), the Office of University Compliance and Integrity is providing a workshop to learn about Ohio Ethics Law.