The Change Rate of Pay HR Action may be used for increases or decreases to employees’ salary or hourly rate within the same position. Types of pay changes include:
- Counter offers,
- Equity/market increases,
- Performance increases aside from AMCP,
- Student pay rate increases for performance or increased responsibility, and
- Any other pay rate changes that do not include changes in position.
For reclassifications, career progressions, and/or addition of interim/permanent duties please see Update Job Duties/Responsibilities.
AMCP communication will be sent to all OAA units in the months leading up to the deadline. For questions regarding AMCP, please contact the OHR Compensation department, Bobbie Houser or Gretchen Gombos.
Click here for a snapshot of a Change Rate of Pay HRA along with notes to assist with submission.
- Counter Offers require the Salary Adjustment and Reclassification Request form, the letter from the prospective employer confirming offered salary, a detailed justification, internal market data, and a salary notification letter to the employee confirming the new pay rate/annual salary. These requests require Unit Director approval via Ad Hoc in HRA or signature on the letter to the employee.
- Equity/Market adjustments require the Salary Adjustment and Reclassification Request form along with Internal and/or External market data. A salary notification letter to the employee must be attached to the HRA for audit confirmation.
- Performance related increases for staff/faculty, aside from AMCP increases, require a detailed justification with manager and director approvals. A salary notification letter to the employee must be attached to the HRA for audit confirmation.
- Student Rate Increases require a detailed justification. The maximum pay rate for a student assistant is $13/hour. Federal Work Study student positions will be assigned a specific pay range.
- Other Increases require a detailed justification and letter to employee confirming new salary. Off cycle pay rate changes for staff and faculty may require OHR Compensation approval for processing.
- Visa Pay Rate Changes require an outline of the wage information provided by the government/Office of International Affairs. These pay rate changes will be approved by compensation via ad hoc approval and processed as a high priority.
HR Service Center Team – Your HR Service Center team is available to assist with any questions.