The Emeritus Academy is a program of the Ohio State Office of Academic Affairs, which funds and supports Academy activities. The OAA liaison with the Academy is Kay Wolf, vice provost for academic policy and faculty resources. The Academy meets periodically and has a website and electronic mailing list for announcements and the sharing of other Academy information. In the interest of protecting members' privacy, use of Academy mailing lists, website, and meeting time will be restricted to Academy business.
Members of the Emeritus Academy are granted the title Academy Professor. This title may be used during the period in which the individual is an active member of the Academy. (See item H6 in Faculty Appointments; all policies pertaining to emeritus faculty are found on pp. 5-6 of that document.)
Each year the Academy hosts a series of lectures, open to the public, at which current members present their research or creative activity and respond to questions from the audience. Light refreshments are served. The lectures also serve as a forum for Academy announcements and business.
The Academy sponsors an annual small research and travel grant program. Emeritus Academy members may apply for up to $2,500 to support their research and creative activities.
- Home department or school; regional campus if applicable
- E-mail address
- Amount of funding requested
- Description of the proposed activity (not to exceed 500 words), to be evaluated by colleagues who do not necessarily have expertise in the applicant's discipline
- Project budget with sufficient detail so that the appropriateness of the expenditures can be evaluated
- Other source of financial support for this activity and indication of whether these are definite commitments or applications you have submitted
Please submit to firstname.lastname@example.org via e-mail with "Emeritus Academy Grant Application" in the subject line.
Due to limited resources, this program cannot provide annual funding to support continuing projects.