Institutional Research and Planning is developing a Data Academy to meet the demand for targeted training in data analysis and the data resources that are available at the university. To better support the business needs of our executives, administrative professionals are seeking training on a variety of data sets and tools, including research/grant funding; faculty research and publications; alumni and donors; student data; and HR data. The IRP Data Academy will provide an avenue for administrative professionals to be more effective in their daily work and to augment their professional development.
The primary audience of the IRP Data Academy are administrative professionals in academic departments, programs, and support units.
The Data Academy will consist of seven modules; a different module will be offered each month beginning in October 2018.
The seven modules are:
- OSU Data Literacy - Overview of available datasets, basic data literacy concepts
- Qualtrics - Best practices in survey design, using advanced features
- Intermediate Excel - Data analysis: pivot tables, data cleaning, and data visualization
- Introduction to Academic Analytics - Overview of Academic Analytics, discussion of how Ohio State’s academic departments and programs benefit from this relationship; demonstration of the Academic Analytics portal
- Culture Survey - Overview of the survey and distributed reports, discussion of how a department or college may use the data
- IPEDS Completions - Overview of IPEDS, CIP codes, selecting of a comparison group, pulling data by gender and ethnicity
- Student Analytics (OnCourse) - Overview of the data and reports that are available
The training will be in-person (recommended) with the option of asynchronous or remote modes for administrative professionals at regional campuses.