Kevin D. Evansevans.firstname.lastname@example.org
Heather C. Allenallen.email@example.com
Jacqueline J. Gargusgargus.firstname.lastname@example.org
Mary Ellen Jenkinsjenkins.email@example.com
Lawrence A. Krissekkrissek.firstname.lastname@example.org
Paul J. Nininini.email@example.com
W. Randy Smithsmith.firstname.lastname@example.org
John D. Wanzerwanzer.email@example.com
Christine D. Warnerwarner.firstname.lastname@example.org
M. Susie Whittingtonwhittington.email@example.com
University-Level Advisory Committee Charge
The University Senates Council on Academic Affairs establishes a University-Level Advisory Committee for the General Education (GE) program. The Council on Academic Affairs will evaluate the effectiveness of the Committee annually.
11 voting members and 2 non-voting ex officio members:
- The Committee will be chaired by a member of the College of Arts and Sciences Curriculum Committee Assessment Panel,
- 4 Arts and Sciences faculty members from the College of Arts and Sciences Curriculum Committee Assessment Panel or as designated by the College of Arts and Sciences Associate Executive Dean for curriculum and assessment,
- 4 faculty members from other colleges with undergraduate programs, selected on a rotational basis from among those colleges,
- 2 undergraduate students: one from the Colleges of the Arts and Sciences and one from the other colleges with undergraduate programs,
- 1 professional adviser from the College of Arts and Sciences ex officio, and
- the Vice Provost for Academic Programs ex officio.
The Committee will:
- provide an annual report and recommendations to the Council on the status of the General Education program: analyze and summarize annual trends in GE offerings and enrollments; monitor and evaluate open options for meeting GE requirements; review actions taken on GE course submission/approval; study the use of exceptions and substitutions for GE; and identify and monitor advising issues related to GE,
- advise the Council on proposals to revise the General Education program: monitor the national dialogue/literature on general education; review specific college proposals to revise GE; and assess the efficacy of curricular and GE learning goals and expected outcomes on student learning, and identify whether and how they need to be changed,
- undertake special reviews and projects related to the GE program and outcomes as warranted, and
- share information with related committees.