Last month I shared that Bernadette Melnyk will step aside as dean of the College of Nursing at the end of June 2023.
Under Bern’s visionary leadership over the past 12 years, the college has embraced its mission to dream, discover, and deliver a healthier world. In a fitting tribute during her final year, earlier this month we learned that our undergraduate nursing program rose in the ranks to fifth overall in the nation and second among all public institutions. We will have opportunities to celebrate Bern’s achievements and impact in the months ahead.
We are now launching a national search for the next dean of the College of Nursing. A search advisory committee has been assembled and will be chaired by Carol Bradford, dean of the College of Medicine and vice president for health sciences at the Wexner Medical Center. In addition, the following other colleagues will assist in the search to select the college’s next leader:
- Kristine Browning, clinical professor and assistant dean for graduate clinical programs, College of Nursing
- Esther Chipps, clinical professor, College of Nursing
- Deena Chisolm, professor of pediatrics, College of Medicine; director of the Center for Child Health Equity and Outcomes Research and vice president of health services research, Abigail Wexner Research Institute at Nationwide Children’s Hospital
- Chris Connors, current Doctor of Nursing Practice student; 2022 Master of Science graduate (family nurse practitioner track)
- Todd Monroe, research associate professor, College of Nursing
- Rustin Moore, dean, College of Veterinary Medicine
- Ryan Schmiesing, senior vice provost for external engagement, Office of Academic Affairs
- Taylor Schwein, current Doctor of Nursing Practice and psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner student; 2021 Bachelor of Science in Nursing graduate
- Sandra Solove, clinical research coordinator, College of Nursing
- Diane Von Ah, Distinguished Professor of Cancer Research, College of Nursing
- Barbara Jones Warren, clinical professor and director of psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner specialty track, College of Nursing
- Loren Wold, professor, Colleges of Nursing and Medicine; assistant dean for biological health research, College of Nursing; associate dean for research operations and compliance, College of Medicine
The search committee will be assisted by Senior Vice Provost Kay Wolf, Associate Director for Talent Acquisition Kim Lambert, and the executive search firm Korn Ferry.
Thank you to these colleagues for taking part in the search. I look forward to the committee’s insights throughout this important process.
Melissa L. Gilliam
Executive Vice President and Provost