Resources for instructors
- Pool Room Technology
- On-Site Assistance
You can request a consultation or on-site assistance from ODEE’s Classroom Services team. They can teach you how to use specific classroom technologies and come up with strategies to meet student accommodations.
- CarmenZoom Resources
The Teaching and Learning Resource Center offers guidance for using CarmenZoom to either simulcast your class session to allow remote students to participate, or to record your class session and share with remote students.
- Other Possible Strategies
- Provide the opportunity to make up missed exams and/or have exams conducted via Carmen
- Have students volunteer to record classes for peers who are in quarantine or isolation, out sick, or taking a personal day from class
- Help your students build a buddy system, where students zoom their buddy into class so they don't have to be absent
- Consider offering equivalent work that could be offered for missing class so students don't get penalized for missing class due to illness