The Ohio State University is the model 21st-century public, land grant, research, urban, community engaged institution.
The University is dedicated to:
- Creating and discovering knowledge to improve the well-being of our state, regional, national and global communities;
- Educating students through a comprehensive array of distinguished academic programs;
- Preparing a diverse student body to be leaders and engaged citizens;
- Fostering a culture of engagement and service.
We understand that diversity and inclusion are essential components of our excellence.
Shared values are the commitments made by the university community in how we conduct our work. At The Ohio State University we value:
- Diversity in people and of ideas
- Access and affordability
- Collaboration and multidisciplinary endeavor
- Integrity, transparency, and trust
Four institution-wide goals are fundamental to the university’s vision, mission and future success:
Teaching and Learning: to provide an unsurpassed, student-centered learning experience led by engaged world-class faculty and staff, and enhanced by a globally diverse student body.
Research and Innovation: to create distinctive and internationally recognized contributions to the advancement of fundamental knowledge and scholarship and toward solutions of the world’s most pressing problems.
Outreach and Engagement: to advance a culture of engagement and collaboration involving the exchange of knowledge and resources in a context of reciprocity with the citizens and institutions of Ohio, the nation, and the world.
Resource Stewardship: to be an affordable public university, recognized for financial sustainability, unparalleled management of human and physical resources, and operational efficiency and effectiveness.