We are pleased to announce that The Ohio State University has launched a national search for the next vice provost for diversity and inclusion and leader of the Office of Diversity and Inclusion. The vice provost will be a critical leader in helping to advance the university’s ambitious Academic Plan.
Ohio State is home to one of the longest established offices of diversity and inclusion, with more than 50 years of service to the university and broader community. The Office of Diversity and Inclusion was most recently led by Dr. James L. Moore III, who has assumed the role of assistant director for the National Science Foundation’s Education and Human Resources (EHR) Directorate. As we continue to build on current strengths and capitalize on new opportunities, we have enlisted the assistance of a search advisory committee, whose members will assist in identifying our next leader.
The search advisory committee is chaired by Charlene Gilbert, senior vice provost for student academic excellence, and we welcome the following committee members:
- Charles Anderson, chair, Department of Dance
- Noelle Arnold, senior associate dean, College of Education and Human Ecology
- Hasan Jeffries, associate professor, Department of History
- David Jenkins, dean, College of Social Work
- Janine Oman, senior deputy athletics director and senior woman administrator, Department of Athletics
- Andrew Pierce, president, Undergraduate Student Government; public policy analysis major and Master of Public Administration student, John Glenn College of Public Affairs
- Leslie Aguilar Ramos, Morrill Scholar and public health and sociology major
- Melissa Shivers, senior vice president for student life
- Mary Stromberger, vice provost and dean for graduate education
We appreciate the committee members’ dedication and commitment to this important search. We have engaged the professional search firm Isaacson, Miller to assist the search advisory committee.
Wendy G. Smooth
Senior Vice Provost for Inclusive Excellence
Melissa L. Gilliam
Executive Vice President and Provost