Kay N. Wolf became Ohio State's vice provost for academic policy on November 1, 2014.
Prior to this latest appointment, Dr. Wolf was director of the health sciences and medical dietetics division in the School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences, where she holds the rank of professor.
A faculty member at Ohio State since 1989, Dr. Wolf studies dietetics education as well as self-efficacy in chronic disease and food security. Her work has been widely published, and it includes an outreach component to vulnerable populations in the Columbus community through Ohio State's Food Innovation Center.
Dr. Wolf served three terms on University Senate, serving as co-chair for a subcommittee of the Council on Academic Affairs (CAA). She also served for two years as CAA's chair.
She has been honored with the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics' Service Award and the President and Provost's Award for Distinguished Faculty Service. In addition, she was honored with the School of Allied Medical Professions Service Award, three times. Her teaching has been recognized by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, the College of Medicine and the former School of Allied Medical Professions.
Professor Wolf earned her BS in medical dietetics, an MS in food service management and nutrition and a PhD in human resource development from The Ohio State University.
- Academic personnel appointments and compensation approvals
- Academic personnel policy (liaison with the Office of Human Resources)
- Big Ten Academic Alliance Leadership Program
- Dual Career Hiring Program
- Faculty conflict resolution
- Hiring approval for senior faculty
- Leadership training for new deans and department chairs
- Liaison to University Senate Rules Committee and Faculty Compensation and Benefits Committee
- Oversight of faculty awards programs (Distinguished Scholar Award, Distinguished University Professor, Alumni Award for Distinguished Teaching, Faculty Award for Distinguished University Service)
- Pattern of Administration / Appointments, Promotion, and Tenure documents
- Promotion and tenure
- Special Opportunity Hire program
- University Institute for Teaching and Learning
- The Women's Place at The Ohio State University