The Office of Academic Affairs is opening a call for applications and/or nominations for the internal search for the Associate Vice Provost for the Drake Institute for Teaching and Learning. This is a .75 FTE position beginning early summer 2022. The position is open to tenure-track and clinical/teaching/practice Professors. This position will report to Senior Vice Provost Kay Wolf until the Senior Vice Provost of Faculty Eminence is hired.
The Associate Vice Provost will provide innovative leadership to advance excellence, inclusion, and diversity in teaching, learning and assessment in all modalities across the university and lead with a visionary approach to evidence-based faculty development, assessment, and instruction.
Please submit a letter of intent, CV, and a letter of recommendation from the unit head to Bobbie Houser, HR Business Partner, at facultyaffairs by May 6.
The university has launched a national search for Senior Vice Provost for Faculty Eminence.
The Senior Vice Provost for Faculty Eminence will serve as a strategic advisor to the Executive Vice President and Provost of the University and provide leadership, vision, and strategic direction for a team to advance the faculty lifecycle for greater than 7,500 faculty. The Senior Vice Provost will set a bold vision and lead a transformational plan for faculty from prerecruitment through retirement.
As of January 10, 2022, the position has been posted both internally and externally. We invite nominations from our valued students, faculty, and staff at your earliest convenience so we can prioritize our outreach. For nominations, contact Kim Lambert, Associate Director, Executive Talent Acquisition, Ohio State, firstname.lastname@example.org, 614-292-5756 Office.
The vice provost for strategic enrollment management (VPSEM) will develop, articulate, and implement a comprehensive, data-driven, and forward-looking strategic enrollment plan for the university. Reporting directly to me, and with a dotted line to Charlene Gilbert, senior vice provost for student academic excellence, the VPSEM will work closely with all Ohio State campuses, 15 colleges, and other internal and external partners to establish a strategy that focuses on recruitment and retention.
The search advisory committee is chaired by Adrienne Bricker, university registrar, and includes the following members:
- Lisa Barclay, assistant dean and chief diversity officer, College of Engineering
- Alicia Bertone, vice provost for graduate studies and dean of the Graduate School
- David Horn, interim executive dean, College of Arts and Sciences
- Arpana Inman, associate dean for academic affairs, College of Education and Human Ecology
- Russell Marzette, clinical assistant professor, Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering; immediate past chair, Committee on Enrollment and Student Progress
- Greg Rose, dean and director of Ohio State Marion
- David Roy, director for academic relations, competitive admissions, and access and diversity, Office of Undergraduate Admissions
- Kay Wolf, senior vice provost, Office of Academic Affairs
The search committee will be assisted by Allison Thomas from the Office of Human Resources and the executive search firm Storbeck Search.